SOCCER SQUAD BEGINS SPRING PRACTICE TODAY

Coach Carr Urges Freshmen To Report For Work-Outs -- Session To Last Only Three Weeks

Informal spring practice for the soccer squad will begin this afternoon on Soldiers' Field at 3 o'clock under the direction of Coach Carr.

At a meeting last Thursday the coach outlined the fundamentals of the game which will be stressed during the spring practice, and issued an urgent appeal to Freshmen to take this opportunity in the spring to become acquainted with the game, since the season in the fall is too short to learn the game from the ground up.

Practice this spring will last only for three weeks and will count for the Freshan exercise requirement, but no insignia or medals will be given for participation in games. As six members of last year's University team graduated, there will be plenty of openings for newcomers next fall.

Several practice games of an informal nature are planned for the short season left after spring recess, one of them with Massachusetts Institute of Technology on April 30. A. T. T. Schumacher '33, captain of next year's team, is assisting Carr in the practices now, which are held on the squad's own field. All men are urged to come out who have the elightest inclination to do so.