Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

OBSERVATORY TO HOLD OPEN NIGHTS FOR ALL STUDENTS

Only Small Group Can Be Accommodated In Room--Bond Astronomical Club Is Sponsor of Gatherings

A series of four "open nights" to be held at the Harvard Observatory as part of the spring program was announced last night. In the autumn and spring, the Bond Astronomical Club arranges to secure the use of the Observatory to allow students who have an interest in astronomy to observe celestial objects through the University instruments.

Entrance to the Observatory will be on the Concord Avenue side opposite Buckingham Street. In addition to a short non-technical address on some new and interesting phase of astronomy, exhibits by students showing the work that the Observatory engages in may be seen. Since the lecture room and instruments are limited the group must be confined to a small number. Application for tickets which must be secured in advance may be made by addressing "Open Nights," Harvard Observatory, Cambridge. This opportunity is of especial value for Freshmen who intend to concentrate in Astronomy to become acquainted with the staff instructors and the instruments at the Observatory.

All lectures are scheduled for, 7.30 o'clock, after which the observations will be made, weather permitting. The first night will be next Wednesday, when F. D. Miller, instructor in Astronomy, will discuss "Celestial Distances and their Measurement." On Monday evening, April 25, Miss Jenka Mohr, research assistant, will speak about "The Magellanic Clouds: Our Neighboring Galaxies." Leon Campbell, astronomer, will comment on "The Coming Solar Eclipse," on Tuesday, April 26. Dr. L. V. Robinson, research assistant will deliver the last lecture on Thursday evening, April 28 on "The Varying Light of the Stars."