COMMITTEES ARE NAMED TO VISIT LABORATORIES

SLATER, DAVISON, CRANE AMONG THOSE APPOINTED

Thirteen leading scientists have been appointed by the Board of Overseers to four committees which will visit the Engineering School, and three other scientific departments. The members have been chosen "because of their interest in the success and usefulness of the department to be visited."

The three additions to the Visiting Committee of the Engineering School are: Dr. Irving Langmuir, of Schenectady, New York; Robert Ridgway, and Francis L. Gilman '95, both of New York City.

The Astronomy Committee will include Dr. C. E. Kenneth Mees of Rochester, N. Y., and Professor John C. Slater of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. George W. Merck '15, of New York City, has been appointed to the committee on chemistry, and Alfred L. Loomis, of New York City, to the committee on physics.

F. Trubee Davison, of New York City, was named to the Committee for the Harvard Museum of Comparative Zoology, with Copley Amory, Jr. '12, of Washington, D.C. and Clarence L. Hay '08, of New York City. On the committee on Zoology are Dr. E. Amory Codman '91, of Boston, and William P. Wolcott '03 of Boston and on the committee of geological sciences is Clinton H. Crane '94, of New York City.