BOXERS REPORTING FOR PRACTICE IN GYMNASIUM

REGULAR FRESHMAN TEAM WILL BE FORMED THIS YEAR

With the return of seven veterans to the Varsity boxing team at the opening meeting of the season yesterday in the Indoor Athletic Building. Coach Henry Lamar expressed expectations of a successful season for Harvard.

Seven Seniors, led by Captain Marshall A. Lamb '34, of the 125-pound class, again turned out for borths on the team: Thomas J. Curtin, 115 pounds; Arthur B. Sullivan, 135 pounds; Abraham Cone, 145 pounds; Philip W. A. Hines, 155 pounds; Richard Lawrence, 165 pounds; and Bradford Simmons, of the heavyweight class.

Promising candidates from last year's Freshman team are Peter Ward, Bernard C. McDonald, and James F. Donovan. The team will practice daily from 4 o'clock to 5 o'clock.

For the first time, the Freshmen will have a competitive team, and meets have been arranged with M.I.T., New Hampshire, St. Anselm's and Yale. Daily practice for the team will be held from 5 to 6 o'clock, while other Freshman and recreational boxing will last from 2 to 4 o'clock.

The annual tournament is slated for the middle of March, in which all members of the University may compete. The customary intramural modals will be awarded to the winners and runners-up of each class.

The Varsity schedule, as now arranged, places M.I.T. first on the list, on December 15, the match being held at M.I.T. The University of Virginia will follow in January, at Charlottesville. In February, there are to be matches with Springfield, New Hampshire, and the Coast Guard Academy, to be followed in March by Syracuse, and Yale.