ELECTION OF NINE OFFICERS OF SENIOR CLASS HELD TODAY

Record Vote Expected by Committee in Charge of Balloting in Response to Efforts To Remedy Indifference

Elections for nine Senior offices will be held today and tomorrow under the direction of David W. Lewis '35, chairman of the Junior committee in charge of the balloting. Officers to be selected are first, second, and third marshals, Treasurer, Ivy Orator, Orator, Odist, Poet, and Chorister.

Polls will be open at Harvard, Sever, and Pierce halls between the hours of 10 and 1 o'clock, and at Phillips Brooks House from 11 to 1 o'clock for the convenience of commuters. Polls in the Houses will be in charge of the house committees, and balloting will take place during the meal times. A record vote is expected this year because of the efforts of the committee to remedy the indifference of last year, as demonstrated by the casting of only 250 ballots.

On Wednesday and Thursday, December 20 and 21, members of the class will register their choice for the offices of Permanent Secretary, Album Committee, Class Committee, and Permanent Class Committee. Legible signatures will be required on all ballots, and all ballots bearing indistinct signatures will be rejected.

The marshals, who lead the class on Commencement Day, will be selected by preferential ballot, the totals of first, second, and third choices being used to determine the successful candidates.

Nominees for this office are Richard G. Ames, president of the Student Council, and captain of the wrestling team; John H. Dean, Varsity football captain, and president of the class; Paul deB. deGive, Varsity hockey captain, and Junior Varsity football player; Francis H. Gleason, Varsity hockey and baseball player; Alfred B. Hallowell, of the Student Council and Varsity hockey team; John J. Hayes, Jr., chairman of the Junior ushers, and Varsity track man; John M. Morse, Varsity track captain and head cheerleader; Thomas W. Nazro, class president in the Freshman year, and member of the Varsity football team; Carl A. Pescosolido, Varsity football and track man; Bradford Simmons, crew captain and Varsity football player; and Richard P. Waters, Jr., secretary during the Freshman year, and member of the Varsity football squad.