CRIMSON FIVE OUTPLAYS ENGINEERS TO WIN 28-20

DARTMOUTH NEXT CONTEST FOR BASKETBALL TEAM

Playing a beautiful offensive and defensive game, the Varsity basketball team downed Massachusetts Institute of Technology last night on the Engineers' court, 28-20. The Crimson quintet showed new vigor and pep to outplay completely the Engineers throughout the game. At no time did Tech threaten to take the lead from Harvard.

Merry started off the scoring soon after the opening whistle. His basket was soon followed by another by Hageman, and Merry converted a foul before M.I.T. was able to score for the first time. The Crimson courtmen retained their lead all through the rest of the contest. They had a three point margin at the half, 15-12. Tech kept within a few points of the Crimson until well along in the final period, when the aggressive play of the Varsity gave them an eight point lead, which they were able to maintain until the end of the game.

Merry was high scorer for the Crimson with four baskets and a foul to his credit; Hageman came next with four baskets.

This is the second defeat the Engineers have suffered this season, their only other defeat in a ten-game schedule being at the hands of Clarkson Tech by the slim margin of one point.

The Crimson's next game is with Dartmouth at Hanover on Saturday.

The summary: HARVARD  TECH Nevim, Kimbrough, Ferrlter,  Fletcher, r.f. l.f., O'Brlen Merry, Levan, l.f.  r.f., Feustel Boys, c.  c., Murphy, Shaughnessy Hageman, r.g.  l.g., Amenta, Oldham Huppuch, l.g.  r.g., Sysko, Crosby

Goals--Hageman 4, Merry 4, Boys 2, Huppuch, Nevin; O'Brien 3, Amenta 2, Feustel 2. Fouls--Boys 2, Fletcher, Merry; Sysko 3, Amenta, O'Brien, Shaugnnessy. Referee--Clark. Time--Two 20-minute periods.