FRESHMEN AND CONCENTRATION

In the four days which remain before their study cards are due, Freshmen will have a final chance to determine whether the choice of the field of concentration they have made is entirely satisfactory. There are a few who have already submitted their cards; there are others who will not make up their minds until the zero hour; the great majority, however, have practically decided on a field, and perhaps wait only for the signature of the adviser. It is for these men to make the most of the time which remains.

As previously stated in the CRIMSON, the Freshman selecting his field of concentration cannot take too much trouble seeking advice not only from men well acquainted with the field, such as Senior concentrators, graduate students, and tutors, but from impartial judges as well. It is essential that he become familiar with every aspect of the field before he enters it, if he does not wish to regret his choice later on; that he enter it, moreover, with a purpose, and with enthusiasm is imperative.