VARSITY NINE TO MEET UNDEFEATED COLUMBIA OUTFIT

White, Columbia Pitcher, Has Lost Two League Games in Three Years--Both Teams at Full Strength

The two leading teams in the Intercollegiate Baseball League will meet at Soldiers Field tomorrow afternoon at 2.30 o'clock, when the Varsity nine faces Columbia in its first home league game of the season. Harvard and Columbia, who are tied for first place in the League standing, are both undefeated thus far this season.

The visiting aggregation has won six consecutive games, five of them League contests, defeating Yale 1-0, Pennsylvania 1-0 and 6-4, and Cornell 2-1 and 8-3; while the home team has beaten Pennsylvania 3-1, Princeton 6-5, and the Alumni 6-4.

The Harvard starting line-up tomorrow will be composed entirely of first-string players, with Loughlin, who twirled in the Pennsylvania and Princeton games, on the mound. Although he has shown up well in practice this week, Loughlin will undoubtedly experience considerable difficulty in his pitching duel with Captain Ray White, of Columbia, who has lost only two Intercollegiate League contests in three years. This season, in his first two games, the Columbia leader has made a record of 16 scoreless innings and 18 strike-outs.

Playing two games away from home in two days, the Jayvee baseball team meets St. John's at Danvers this afternoon, and Andover at Andover at 3 o'clock Saturday. The Freshmen play Brown here at 3 o'clock tomorrow.