TEMPERANCE MELODRAMA TO BE PRESENTED AT LEVERETT

"Ten Nights in a Barroom" To Be Given Monday by House Members

Following the custom inaugurated by Eliot House this spring, Leverett House will present its first play in the House Dining Hall Monday night at 8.30 o'clock. The play, "Ten Nights in a Barroom," is a typical temperence melodrama of the bygone days and involves much bloodshed and frequent Carrie Nation tactics in its denunciation of drink and the terrors that it brings to the home. All members of the University are invited, and any lady accompanied by an escort will be admitted.

The play which has been in rehearsal for many weeks is under the direction of P. G. E. Miller, and W. E. Houghton, tutors in History and Literature. The cast is made up completely of undergraduates in the House and includes D. D. Seannell '35, who will play the part of Morgan, the drunkard who in the course of the play is reformed by the tactics of a Mr. Romaine, the man in the service of the W.C.T.U., whose part is taken by E. H. Angert '35. W. B. Lovejoy '34, playing the part of Sample Swichell, the Yankee comic, relieves the tension in the play with his sharp quips at Simon Slade, the rum seller, played by W. W. Beardsley '34.