VARSITY PUT THROUGH SIMPLE PRELIMINARIES

NAZRO, SIMMONS, AND WATERS IN TEAM A LINEUP

Another day of ease was on the program for the Varsity football squad yesterday afternoon at Soldiers Field, when the team was let off with a light workout.

The players were put through the usual calisthenics, and drill on fundamentals, and then worked on passes and punts. Coach Casey then lined the grid-men up for a short stationary scrimmage and concentrated on the carrying out of assignments. Teamwork was considerably improved and the backfield seemed to click much better than in previous practices.

White was absent from practice and Nazro continued to take his place at left end. Crane was kept out of the session because of divisionals and in his absence Simmons worked at center. Moseley, Dean and Healey are on the injured list but the injuries are not reported as serious.

There were two major changes in the lineup. Adzigian, fleet sophomore back alternated with Sherman as running back and Lane went in for Dean instead of in his usual position at right half. Waters was used as the blocking back. Gulian was at right guard instead of left and Schumann was tried out at right guard.

A long hard scrimmage is promised for today and the Jayvees will try the Varsity strength. Coach Casey will probably use his new backfield of Wells, Sherman or Adzigian, Lane and Dean, and this outfit should be able to show the scrubs some flashy work.

Yesterday's Team A: Nazro, l.c.; Francisco, l.t.; Gulian, l.g.; Simmons, c.; Schumann, r.g.; Kopans, r.t.; Kelly, r.e.; Wells, q.b.; Adzigian, Sherman, l.h.b.; Waters, r.h.b.; Lane, f.b.