STUDENTS MAKE LARGE PROFIT IN CONCESSIONS

$1000 GAIN OVER LAST YEAR IN AMOUNT OF PROFITS

More than $3300 has been distributed to the 50 students who worked the concessions in the Stadium this fall, Russell T. Sharpe '28, secretary for student employment revealed yesterday. This figure is an increase of nearly $1000 over the amount distributed last year.

A total of $7056 gross sales was reported this year. From this sum, after paying off the overhead, the employment office gave salaries of $4 per week to each stand worker and $6 per week to the captain of each stand. In addition to these salaries, $633 was given the workers in bonuses and prizes.

Since the concessions were exceptionally profitable this year, the stand which did the most business each week was awarded a prize of from $2 to $5; and every man received a bonus amounting to 47 per cent of his salary. Last year's bonus was only 21 per cent.

Under the system by which the concessions are run, two managers, who this year were Walter F. Kelly 3L., and Joseph Sawyer 2G.B., have entire supervision of the stands, organizing the personnel and doing all the buying. Every spring these men elect their captains from the past year's workers.