DEBATERS ARE PICKED TO ENGAGE YALE TEAMS

OPENING DEBATE OF SEASON WILL BE ON OCTOBER 31

Director of Debating Edward M. Rowe '27, yesterday announced the teams to engage Yale in dual debates in Cambridge and New Haven on October 31, on the question, "Resolved, That the welfare of the country demands that a vote of confidence be given the Roosevelt administration in the coming Congressional elections.

Negative Team Travels

The Harvard affirmative team, which will meet the Yale negative at Cambridge, is composed of James J. Fuld '37, Oscar M. Lurie '35, and Powers McLean '35. Another group of Harvard men consisting of Harold H. Freedlander '35, Victor H. Kramer '35, and Irving R. Murray '36 will uphold the negative side of the question against another Yale team at New Haven.

Alternates Picked

Alternates for the affirmative are Roy M. Cohen '36, and Hyman Goldenstein '36, and for the negative Stanley H. Ginsberg '36, and Hubert H. Nexon.

This is the first of a series of intercollegiate debates sponsored by the debating council throughout the year. One of its highlights will be the trial of Hitler on Wednesday, October 24. The Council is headed by Frederick DeW. Bolman '35, with Victor H. Kramer '35 vice-president, and Charles B. Feibleman '36 secretary and treasurer.