MANAGER WANTED

The announcement of the withdrawal of Eliot House from the intra-mural football league, focusses attention on the general condition of house athletics. This year there has been widespread dissatisfaction with the management of football games.

If any athletic program is to be a success, there must be efficient managers, men whose duty it is to see that the necessary equipment is at the field of play when needed. Yet many of these functions have been neglected during the current season. Failure to announce the Leverett-Adams game almost caused postponement because of lack of men. Men who have been taken out of the scrimmages have been compelled to sit on the sidelines without blankets or hoods. There has been a general complaint against the lack of systematic announcement of games on the house bulletin boards, it is unfair to criticize Mr. Samborski on these scores. As Director of Intra-Mural Athletica his enthusiasm and executive ability have been the leading causes of the success of the inter-house program. But he cannot do all the work alone without the aid of efficient managers.

Thus it is advisable to establish a managership of intramural athletics. The undergraduate incumbent would coordinate and supervise the activities of the House Sport Managers. Chosen after a regular managerial competition, he might be awarded a minor "II", or some other appropriate trophy for his four years' service.