CASEYMEN GOING WELL WITH LITMAN AS STAR

ENTIRE SQUAD READY TO ENTER BATES GAME

Showing great improvement in all departments, the Varsity went through the Jayvees for two touchdowns yesterday in a scrimmage that was marked by the longest run of the season. The practice session also set a long distance record as Casey kept the squad at work until 5.15 o'clock.

The long gain was made when Chet Litman got loose on the Varsity's 35 yard line and ran 05 yards for the tally. Previous to that the Jayvees had been given the ball but had been unable to gain any ground against the Caseymen. It was a big day for the Varsity both offensively and defensively.

Receiving the ball, Jimmy Knox's boys tried a pass which Jones, Varsity second string center, intercepted. Then the Varsity machine got rolling again and worked back to the 25 yard line, when another Parquette to Cahners pass brought a touchdown.

This showing made things look a lot better for the Bates opener on Saturday. The fact that every man on the squad will be physically ready for action on that date improves the situation even more. Whether or not Eddie Casey will feel like starting Shaun Kelly and Garrow Geer as the ends is a matter that's open to question, but medically speaking they will be O.K. Both have been on the injured list a couple of days.