KELLY ELECTED AS S. C. MEMBER TO BE IN CHARGE OF 1938

Five Men to Administer Funds Which Are Given as Scholarships to College Students

Shaun Kelly, Jr. '36, of Richmond, Massachusetts, was elected Student Council man in Charge of Freshman Affairs at a meeting of the Student Council held in University Hall last night at 7.15 o'clock.

This position, which is of great importance with respect to the activities of the Freshman, entails a great deal of work in picking various members of the class of 1933 for different positions such an the editor-in-chief on the Red Book, the members of the Union Committee, the Smoker Committee, the Fall Tea Dance Committee, the Jubilee Committee, and the elections of Class Officers. Kelly will cooperate with the Head Proctor in charge of Freshman in appointing first year men to these positions. Further, he will work with any members of the Class of 1938 in carrying out any of their projects.

Kelly Prominent in College

Kelly, who prepared for Harvard at Groton, has been an outstanding member of his class. In his Freshman year he was Class President, Football Captain, and received his numerals in Spring Track. Last year he was a brilliant player on the football team and is sinted as first string end this fall, although he is at present out of the lineup.

He was made a member of the Student Council at the elections last year, and is a member of the Kirkland House Committee. Last summer he made a trip to Japan with Robert R. Lucus '34 and Horace B. B. Robinson '34 to represent Harvard at the Japanese Student English Association Conference which was held in Tokyo during the week of July 19.

Scholarship Committee Appointed

A scholarship committee, to administer the Student Council Scholarships which are being given this year following a plan inaugurated last Spring, was elected last night at the Student Council meeting. The members of the Committee are as follows: E. Francis Bowditch '35, chairman, Francis D. Moore '35, Charles F. Woodard '35, Benjamin H. Hallowell '36, and Benjamin Gibbs '36.