SOPHOMORES TAKE NEW POSITIONS IN BACKFIELD

LANE, ADZIGIAN ALSO TRIED IN CHANGED ROLES

Sophomores again filled the major part of the backfield as Eddie Casey put the Varsity through its last scrimmage this week and started the work of practicing against Princeton plays, as staged by Messrs. J. Knox and J. V. Every man except Tom Husband was on the field.

For the second time Tommy Bilodeau was given a full day at quarter, in both the signal drill and scrimmage lineups. Hitherto George Ford has been Bob Haley's relief at quarter, but it now seems certain that Bilodeau has supplanted Ford as the number two brain truster while Ford has become a leading candidate on the left half squad.

Both Ford and Bilodeau were on the preferred list of prep school stars who came out for Cliff Gallagher's Freshman outfit a year ago, but this season neither has been able to find himself as well as was hoped, and this double switch of positions may prove the solution to their troubles--especially since an understudy for Haley must be found.

Johnny Adzigian, the other man who is being primed to fill in for Haley, also came in for his share of testing during the scrimmage though not in the signal lineup. Still another man who changed his job yesterday, Bill Lane, continued at guard instead of his previous place at tackle and seemed to have adapted himself well to the switch.