R.H. WHITMAN WINS 1938 FOOTBALL MANAGERSHIP

St. Mark's Graduate Elected to Manage Trip to Yale--Seven Others Chosen As Assistant Managers

Robert T. Whitman '38, a graduate of St. Marks School, was announced as the winner of the football managerial competition for Freshmen at a meeting last Saturday night in charge of Francis H. Burr '35, Varsity Manager. Others voting were the Assistant Varsity Manager and five Sophomore competitors, the choices being approved by Henry W. Clark, Assistant Director of Athletics.

Henry S. Goodhue '38, who prepared at Groton, and Carl W. Stillman '38, a graduate of Noble and Greenough, were second and third, respectively, and will assist Whitman in managing the Freshman team on its trip to Yale next Saturday. Five more men were voted to be dormitory managers which means that they will have an equal chance with the three winners in the Sophomore competition next year. Those elected were Richard E. Beniuck, Burdick G. Clark, W. F. Schreiter, Talbot J. Taylor, and Howard Wood.

Up till now these eight men have been assisting the five Sophomores who are in the competition for the Varsity managership, the winner of which will not be announced until after the Yale game on November 34.