PASSING STRESSED IN LIGHT VARSITY DRILL

SIGNAL LINEUPS NOT CHANGED BY COACHES

In the Varsity's preparations for the Yale game forward passes took first place yesterday as Eddie Casey, with the assistance of Arnold Horween, ran the squad through a fast drill at Soldiers Field. No changes were made in the signal lineup put together on Monday and Johnny Adzigian continued to alternate with Freddy Moseley at left half.

Contact work was eliminated from the workout as Casey concentrated on passes and gave the team defensive practice in a dummy scrimmage with a team made from a combination of Jayvee and Freshman players. The dummy scrimmage and a demonstration of Yale plays were run through under the direction of Horween, Adam Walsh, and Bill Murray, all of whom scouted the Yale-Princeton game last Saturday.

Throughout the afternoon both Moseley and Adzigian, Harvard's main offensive hopes, were going well and both seemed in top physical condition. They teamed up with Little Bill Parquette in the pass department as Casey tried to develop this hitherto not too over powerful arm of the Crimson attack.

Moseley is still the leading candidate for starting honors at the attacking position at left half, but the continued use of Adzigian means that he will see a good deal of service if his early performance in the battle with the Elis lives up to expectations. Parquette, like the speed merchant Fergie Locke, will probably be held for use as a specialist and may enter the game as either a quarterback or left half.