BOOTERS PLAY AGAINST YALE THIS AFTERNOON

Varsity Soccer Team Is Underdog in Game at New Haven--Jayvees Also Meet Blue

Playing away from home, under strange conditions, a potentially strong Varsity soccer team finds itself the underdog against an improved Yale eleven this afternoon.

When the starting whistle blows at 2 o'clock, for five of the Crimson booters it will be the last time that college for touches leather. Five others, Juniors, will be playing their second Yale game, while only one, a Sophomore, will face the Blue attack for the first time.

Captain G. Frederick Stork heads the list of Senior veterans, which also includes Delavan C. Clos. Melvin G. Grover, and Herace R. B. Robinson, stars of four years' Harvard competition. James A. E. Wood, leader of the 1937 Freshmen, is the sole Sophomore in the starting lineup.

The Harvard-Yale Junior Varsity soccer game is scheduled to start at the same time as the Varsity, on a neighboring field.

Among the prominent players that the Class of 1938 throws against Yale also at New Haven this afternoon, are two former schoolboy soccer captains. Theodore P. Rebic, the Crimson leader, led his Fieldston. New York team, while Carl Shirley filled a similar role at Andover. George C. Smith and Richard McC. Grandin are the Harvard high scorers.