FOUR LAW CLUBS STILL IN AMES COMPETITION

WILL TAKE CASES APPEALED TO SUPREME COURT

Surviving the preliminary contests, four clubs remain to compete in the semi-finals of the Ames Competition at the Law School, to be held November 22 and 23, at Langdell Hall. With thirty clubs at first participating in the tournament, the Pollock, Storey, Wilson, and Edward Warren clubs are to contend for the privilege of taking part in the finals of the competition, held in February.

The judges for the first argument will be Hon. Alexander W. Chambliss, Justice of the Supreme Court of Tennessee, who will preside, Hon. Hugh D. McLellan, United States District Judge for Massachusetts, and Hon. William C. Coleman, United States District Judge for Maryland. The second argument judges, who will sit November 23, will be Hon. Frank E. Stanwood, Judge of the Supreme Court of Missouri, Hon. Howard L. Bevis, Judge of the Supreme Court of Ohio, and Hon. Fred T. Field, Justice of the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts.

Both cases are to consist of appeals from the judgments rendered in the Superior Court of the Ames Competition, to be reviewed and corrected in the so-called Supreme Court of the Competition, and are of purely mythical origin, brain children of Dean Pound of the Law School. The first, that of John R. Byer vs. Sells Motors, Inc., will have as counsel representatives of the Pollock Club, for the plaintiff, Charles Sanford Maddock and Martin A. Jurow.