NAMES OF TWO OXFORD DEBATERS ANNOUNCED

Both Teams Prefer the Affirmative Side For Saturday's Debate, But Oxford Will Support Alliance

Oxford's choice of a team to uphold the affirmative in Saturday's debate was announced in a telegram received last night by Frederick DeW. Bokman '35, President of the Harvard Debating Council. The text reads: "Following are names of debaters Oxford. First, W. Gordon Murray, President of the Oxford Union Society; second, K. R. F. Steel-Maitland, an ex-President of the Oxford Union Society."

Harvard's team to uphold the negative on the question: "Resolved, That there be an Anglo-American alliance to preserve world peace," will consist of Frederick DeW. Bolman '35, and Gilman Sullivan '36, both of whom, however, have indicated a preference for the affirmative side.

The question was originally proposed by Harvard, with the stipulation that Oxford uphold the negative, but Murray, President of the Oxford Union Society, refused to agree to this, stating that it was a matter of principle for his team to support the affirmative. A question on censorship of news was suggested, but Harvard and Oxford coincided in choosing the negative side of this topic. When Oxford refused to undertake a split team debate. Harvard was forced to accept the negative side of the Anglo-American question.