NOMINATIONS ARE MADE FOR SENIOR CLASS OFFICERS

Ballot Boxes to Be Put in Houses on Monday and Tuesday--Junior Group To Conduct Voting

Coincident with the announcement that the elections for nine Senior Class officers will take place on Monday and Tuesday, December 11 and 12, the Senior Class Nominating Committee released last night the names of 35 men who have been nominated for these positions. The offices to be filled are; first, second, and third marshals, treasurer, ivy orator, orator, odist, poet, and choristers.

Additional nominations may be made by presenting a petition, signed by 25 Seniors at Dunster C-45 not later than Thursday at 11 o'clock in the evening. To vote in the election a man must either have entered with the Class of 1935, plan to graduate in June, or be eligible for the degree of A.B., or S.B. at this time.

The first, second, and third marshals, elected by preferential ballot, will lead the class parades on class day. The class treasurer cooperates with the permanent class secretary in management of the class funds, both officers being elected for life terms.

The elections for the class secretary, the permanent class committee, the class day committee, and the album committee will not be held until Tuesday and Wednesday, December 18 and 19. The nominations for these positions will be announced later.

The balloting next week will also determine whether the class constitution is to be ratified or not. The Nominating Committee, headed by Robert B. Cutler, includes: Cesar L. Barber, Eliot D. Canter, Frank R. Littlefield, William C. McCarty, Frederic A. Webster, and William K. Wyant.

Braman Gibbs '36 and Robert S. Playfair '36, who have charge of the elections are inaugurating a new policy this year by appointing a committee of 20 Juniors and 10 Sophomores to assist them. The names of the group will be announced tomorrow. Ballot boxes will be placed in all the Houses and in Harvard, Seaver, and Pierce Halls. Arrangements have also been made to collect ballots from Phillips Brooks House for the convenience of commuters. Voting hours around the Yard will be from 10 to 12 o'clock while voting in the Houses will take place at meal-time.

NOMINEES FOR 1935 OFFICES

MARSHAL

Ebenezer Francis Bowditch

Robert Somers Brookings, II

Samuel Smith Drury, Jr.

Herman Walter Gundlach, Jr.

Thomas Harrison Hunter

Randolph Appleton Kidder

Thomas Ferguson Locke

Francis Daniels Moore

Arthur Stanwood Pier, Jr.

John Philip Scheu

William Pepper Watts

Franklin Plummer Whitbeck

Charles Fuller Woodard

TREASURER

Edwin Ide Brainard

David Whitney Lewis

Chester Kaufman Litman

Donald Vincent McGrauashan

David Hill Murray

Warren Sturgis

IVY ORATOR

Arthur Morse Jones

William Henry Lewis, Jr.

Lawrence von Bylandt Nichols

ORATOR

Frederick de Wolfe Holman, Jr.

Charles Richards Cherington

Victor Horsley Kramer

Erling Charles Olsen

ODIST

Charles Friedman Hass

George Lee Haskins

Joshua McLennan

POET

Ten Eyck Lansing

Hugh Mason Wade

CHOSISTER

Robert Remington Covell

Francis Edgar Johnson, II

William Gurney Kirby

Malcolm Seymour