VARSITY FOOTBALL SCHEDULE WILL BE CONSIDERED TODAY

Michigan and Virginia Possible for 1936 Opponents; Army and Navy May Be Alternated

After months of speculation the fate of the football coaching staff and the 1936 schedule will have their first authoritative consideration today when the Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports meets to give a final decision on the schedule and probably a preliminary hearing on the coaching situation.

The main purpose of the meeting, over which William J. Bingham '16, director of Athletics, will preside, will be to take up the changes that are being made in the booking for the football team of two years hence. No information as to what these changes are has yet been given out by the H. A. A., but it seems almost certain that today's meeting will result in the dropping of Holy Cross from the Varsity's list, and the taking on of some new major opponent such as Navy or Michigan.

Most of the "inside" dopesters favor Navy as the new enemy and the rumor has arisen that in the future the Navy and the Army will alternate on the Crimson's schedules. That is, Harvard would play West Point one year, but switch to Annapolis the next, then come back to the Army for the third year. Of course if this is done the Committee will still have to find a team to take the place of Holy Cross, and just what this new outfit will be no one except the H.A.A. officials know at present. One college that is being mentioned very prominently for a place on the schedule is Virginia, but that might very well take the date now filled by New Hampshire.

The other big issue, the head coach, will probably be discussed by the Committee, but it is very unlikely that any result of the discussion will be made public. The chances are that Eddie Casey's resignation will be before the Committee, but no early action taken.