MODEL LEAGUE TO DISCUSS AUSTRIAN-GERMAN SITUATION

Harvard To Represent United States, Peru and Panama--Committee Heads Picked by Executive Board

The tense political situation in Central Europe will be one of the chief topics for discussion by the Model League of Nations when it convenes here on Friday, March 9, the executive committee of the organization announced yesterday. Much attention will be paid to the recent developments in Austria and a special committee has been delegated to investigate German monstrosities and the condition of the German refugees, fleeing from the Nazi government.

A list of the countries represented by Harvard and the students acting as delegates was released by James A. Wolff '35 of the League yesterday. Harvard will take the part of the United States, Peru, and Panama in the assembly of the league.

Robert Mandel '34, John M. Capron '34, Raymond Dennett '36, Willard Rubenstein '35, Richard S. Salant '35, and James M. Heidell '35, will compose the delegation from the United States.

Seymour M. Peyser '34, Philip H. Singer '34, Alvin M. Josephy '36, Herbert A. Fierst '35, Julian A. Wilhelm '35, and Thomas H. Quinn '36, will represent Peru; and Malcolm H. Hoffman '34, Henry Hemmendinger '35, George E. Edwards, Jr. 1G, David Mayer '36, Comstock Glaser '35, and Oscar H. Davis '34 will represent Panama at the convention.

At the same meeting of the executive committee Miss Emily Lewis of Smith College was elected chairman of the Assembly and Robert Davidson of Amherst was elected chairman of the Council. Other officers elected were: Mr. Tobin of Clark University as head of the committee on "Reorganization of the League," Edward Geramia of Rhode Island State College and Miss Margaret Thompson of Mount Holyoke College as chairman of the two subcommittees of the committee on "Intellectual Cooperation;" Miss Barbara Meeker of Connecticut College as chairman of the committee on "The Opium Convention," A. A. Rosen of Yale University as chairman of the committee on "Mandates," and Betty Muther of Wellesley College as chairman of the committee on "German Refugees."