CORNELL FIVE DEFEATS CRIMSON CAGERS, 34 - 23

Ferraro of Cornell Passes Bonniwell, Dartmouth Star, To Lead Scoring For Eastern League

Dazzled by a fast second period attack which gained eight points in the first three minutes of the half, the Crimson basketball team was again forced to bow to a strong Cornell five Saturday in the Indoor Athletic Building by a 34 to 23 score. Coach Fesler's men put up a spirited offensive in the first period and left the floor at the half with the score tied at 15-15, but the second period found their attack extremely slow and ineffective and their defense utterly incapable of stopping Ferraro, the Ithacan ace. Ferraro and Houck starred for the visitors with 12 and 11 points respectively, and Boys was high point scorer for Harvard with eight markers.

In the second half Ferraro, needing 12 points to overtake Bonniwell, the Dartmouth star, as high-point scorer of the league, continually received passes from his team-mates and with two minutes of the game remaining, he sank a short shot for his twelfth tally. The Crimson team could make only three points in the first 15 minutes of the second period.

The summary: HARVARD  CORNELL Ernst, Ferriter, rf.  rf., Ferraro, Wilson Grady, Merry, lf.  lf., Freed, Taylor Boys, Morse, c.  c., Voelker, Downer Fletcher, rg.  rg., Houck, Stofer Comfort, Henderson, lg.  lg., Foote, Dykes

Score: Cornell 34, Harvard 23. Goals: Houck 5, Ferraro 4, Freed 4, Boys 4, Grady 3, Ernst 1, Merry 1, Voelker 1, Freed 1, Houck 1. Referee: T. Degnan. Time: Two 20 minute periods.