Purlis Omnia Pura

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer, will names be with-held).

Dear CRIMSON:

It is regrettable that the CRIMSON failed to acknowledge and commend the social affair held by the Model League of Nations last Friday night. The CRIMSON, as a Harvard publication, should extend its congratulations to the visitors of the Model League for holding a model dance which the various Houses could well accept as a standard. The deplorable characteristics of Harvard dances, with their excessive stag lines, unbecoming quantity of intoxicated persons, and over-officious ushers, were decidedly absent in the dance held by the Model League of Nations.

I was amazed, upon attending the Hotel Continental last Friday night, at the almost total lack of "drunks," the desirable distribution in number of both sexes, the ease with which one obtained admission, and the very atmosphere of the affair. Most of the girl colleges of New England were well represented by beautiful maidens, and for once there were more than enough of the fair sex to accommodate every male. In fact, there were so many charming girls, that the practice developed of girls cutting in, a condition which pleased me exceedingly. More than one girl solved the problem of my natural timidness by requesting me to dance with her. The young ladies were superb dancers, and displayed such high moral standards in their conversations and actions that I could not but wonder at the usual type of mind encountered at Harvard dances. This dance, I am sure, should be an elevating influence upon all future social gatherings of the College.

I reiterate that the CRIMSON should point out its excellent qualities, and thank the Model League for giving us a model dance and model girls. Emerson Q. Samuels '35.