Large Audience Witnesses Play of Leverett House Men

"Rio Grande" Attracts 500 People as Byer and deTarnowsky Star

Before an enthusiastic audience of 500 people, Leverett House last night presented its play, "Rio Grande" or "Trouble on the Mexican Border." Some capable actors performed magnificently in this "startling and instructive moral drama."

Although the acting of Milton I. Byer '35, who played the part of Jose Segura, a bold, bad, South American, was outstanding, it failed to excel the performance of Retta, played by Nixon de Tarnowsky '35, who truly met the requirements of any man's ideal girl. Joseph D. Fisher '35 portrayed a vivacious young lady named Mamie with the proper amount of gusto, and Kenneth Di Menna '34 succeeded in amusing the audience as the Amewican Awistocrat, Lieuteuant Cadwallader, who had slight difficulty in speaking.

Perry G. E. Miller coached the players in their sterling presentation of the drama which was advertised as being so "entirely free of any immoral deeds or words that all improper people seeking admission would not be allowed to enter.