DEGIVE AND WARE AWARDED VARSITY HOCKEY TROPHIES

Gets Award Given to Player Showing Most Improvement--Both Lettermen In Other Sports

Announcement of the award of Harvard's two hockey trophies was made at the dinner of the Varsity hockey team at the Hotel Lenox last night. The John Tudor Memorial Cup was awarded to Captain Paul deB. deGive '34, of Atlanta, Georgia, while John Ware, Jr. '34, of Milton, was presented with the Angier Hockey Trophy.

Cup Awarded Annually

The Tudor Cup was given to Harvard by Forrester A. Clark '29, William T. Wetmore '30, and the late William L. Elkins '29, three friends of John Tudor '29. The cup is awarded yearly to the player who, in the opinion of the awarding committee, "is of the greatest value to Harvard hockey, not so much because of his ability, but because of his heart." This is the second time that the cup has been awarded to deGive.

The Angier Hockey Trophy is given to the player showing the greatest general improvement through the year. Ware played forward and defense on this year's team.

DeGive Versatile Athlete

DeGive, who prepared at St. Paul's, won numerals as a Freshman in football, hockey, and baseball. He has won three minor letters on the Jayvee football team, a major "H" for three years in hockey, and a minor and a major "H" in baseball.

Ware, who prepared at Milton Academy, won numerals as a Freshman in hockey and baseball, and captained the baseball team. He has won a minor "H" for two years as a member of the Jayvee football team, a minor "H" for two years in Junior Varsity hockey, and has twice won the Varsity letter in baseball.