GEER CHOSEN TO HEAD '37 SMOKER COMMITTEE

13 OTHERS APPOINTED--DATE SET AS MARCH 28

Announcement of the appointment of Garrow Throop Geer '37 as chairman of the Freshman Smoker Committee was made last night by Thomas H. Bilodeau, Jr. '37, recently elected president of the Freshman Class. Geer, who prepared at Phillips Andover, was a members of the Freshman football team this fall. Paul L. Van Cleve '37 was appointed vice-chairman of the Committee, and 13 other Freshman were also chosen to serve.

The annual smoker will take place on Wednesday, March 28 in the main dining hall of the Union. The job of the committee is to take over the task of arranging for the entertainment, refreshments and souvenirs of the traditional Freshman social affair. Definite plans for the entertainment will be announced at a later date. This is only the third smoker to be held in the Union, the first having been in 1932.

The members of the committee are: Henry M. Adlis, Charles S. Bellows, John MacI. Callaway, John L. Davidson, Jr., Emile Dubiel, Charles W. Hubbard, 3d., Charles W. Kessler, Peter H. Knapp, William H. Lane, Jr., John R. Mahoney, Peter B. Oliney, Charles H. Thieriot, Jr., Edward A. Timmins.