HARVARD GLEE CLUB TO SING AT NORTHAMPTON

Dr. Koussevitzky Directs Rehearsal for Bach B-Minor Mass Rendition by Harvard and Radcliffe Clubs

In a joint concert to be given at Northampton on Saturday evening, the Harvard and Smith Glee Clubs will combine to sing "Elegischer Gesang" by Beethoven, "Swansea Town" by Holst and "Cum Sancto Spiritu" by Bach.

The program will open with Harvard singing alone Morley's "Shoot False Love," the "Miserere" of Allegri, and Handel's "When His Loud Voice." Mozart's "Dir, Seele des Weltalls" from the "Music for the Freemasous," and two folk songs, "Crudele Irene" and "Bonnic Dundee," after which the two glee clubs will combine to sing the remaining three numbers.

Monday evening Dr. Serge Konssevitsky, conductor of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, will direct the combined Harvard and Radcliffe Glee Clubs in the first of four joint rehearsals for the concert of Sunday, March 18, when they will sing the Bach B-Minor Mass at Symphony Hall, accompanied by the Boston Symphony Orchestra. The Mass will be sung twice, in the afternoon, and again in the evening. Approximately 170 members of the Glee Club will sing, with a corresponding number from Radcliffe. The list of those who are to sing will be made out this week.