"Schnozzle" Durante Sees New Trend in Screen Romeos in Which Inner Beauty Is Predominant

Second Casanova Dreams About "Stupendous" Love Team of Garbo and Himself

The "greatest lover since Casanova" paused in his perusal of Miss Amanda's daily column for newlyweds long enough to exclaim, "Garbo! That's the woman I want to make a picture with. What a love team Garbo and Durante! Stupendous! Colossal!"

The reporter could hardly voice his approval of the proposal before Mr. Durante expressed the latest decree of Hollywood, with a faint smile. "A new trend in screen lovers is upon us, yeah a new trend. No more of these slick-haired, smooth guys. Inner beauty! And that's where I come in that internal pulchritude is what get's 'em. With my looks and Greta's personality, would we be glorified!" exclaimed Jimmy with that look of inquiring exultation so familiar to his fans.

Asked if his nose was insured against damage or less, the idol of a million maidens replied. "Yeah, it's insured all right Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer saw to that long ago. Do you know, they even insured it against theft. Can you feature anyone ever being able to keep my nose under cover?" queried Durante with a fetching smile.

"Who told youse I used to be a fighter, that's part of my hidden past. Yeah, it's true. I was getting along swell until my first fight when I found out my nose get in the way. I was going to walk out of the ring when the guy (jeez but he was a tough mug) popped me right in da puss. I guess I just wasn't cut out to be a battler."