Con

THE MAIL

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

It is, perhaps, a melancholy consideration that the progressive organization which attempted a War Protest meeting on Widener steps yesterday morning has not yet learned that methods which obtain in Union Square fail sadly here. A Washington Square harangue will always be met with a certain derision in the Yard; bad grammar will ever meet tutorial reprimand: "I'm sure the Prince of Wales said 'doesn't'."

The progressive organization is, too, possessed of an unfortunate type of speaker, (one exception proved the rule) hardly felicitous of accent or manner. Until the group offers men a bit more representative of the student body as a whole, serious attention will surely be withheld. As for the M.M.C. & M.C., Lucius Beebe sends his best congratulations on "esprit de corps." And as for the NSL, try, try again. A weekly mass meeting would be welcomed by friend and foe of the Cause, alike. Hyde Park redivivus promises instruction and amusement for young and old. And let the watchword be Pax et Veritas. J. LeB. Boyle, H.