PLANS ANNOUNCED FOR GRADUATION EXERCISES

LOWELL TO SPEAK AT LITERARY EXERCISES

Plans for the 289th commencement were announced today. Commencement will be held on Thursday, June 21, at 9.45 o'clock. A procession, headed by Philip P. Chase '00, University Marshal, will march to the Sever Quadrangle where President Conant will award the honorary degrees and degrees to students graduating from the University.

In the afternoon, a procession led by Ellioit C. Cutler '09, Chief Marshal, will pass in review at Widener Library, before President Conant, Governor Ely, the Harvard Corporation, and the Board of Overseers.

At the Alumni exercises Charles Francis Adams '88, president of the Alumni Association, will preside, and addresses will be given by President Conant.

On Monday, June 18, the annual meeting of the Harvard Chapter of Phi Bets Kappa will be held at 10 o'clock. Following this meeting, the literary exercises, which are open to the public, will begin at 11.30 o'clock in Sanders Theatre. President Lowell will be the orator. He will speak on "War and the League of Nations." Theodore Morrison, Phi Beta Kappa poet, will read his poem, entitled "Thoughts on the Present Discontent." Professor George H. Chase, dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Science and president of the Harvard Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, will preside. Following the exercises a dinner for the society will be held at 1 o'clock in Ad- ams House.

At 11 a.m., Tuesday, June 19, the Senior Class will assemble in front of Holworthy Hall to march to the Memorial Church for the Senior Class Chapel Service, to be led by the Rev. Dwight Bradley, of the First Congregational Church, of Newton. Mass. At 11.30 o'clock, the class will meet for the Senior Class Exercises in Sanders Theatre.

The program will include the class oration, poem, and ode. The class orator will be Asa Emory Phillips, Jr., of Washington, D.C.; the class poet, Hubert Marshall Howe, of Bristel, R.I