TWO MEN ARE SELECTED TO RECEIVE FELLOWSHIPS

RESEARCH AWARDS ARE DONATED BY ANONYMOUS GIVER

Having received funds from an anonymous giver to be used for the creation of two Research Fellowships for 1934-35 for men who have already received the Doctor's degree, the Department of Physics has selected two men for this honor. Dr. Edward C. Stevenson, of Richmond, Virginia, and Arthur C. Frost, of San Francisco, have been chosen from 40 candidates.

Dr. Stevenson received his B. S. E. in 1928, his M. S. in 1929, and his Ph.D. in 1931 at the University of Virginia, and Mr. Frost gained his B. S. from the University of California in 1931, and is shortly to receive the degree of Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry from Princeton.

At present it is planned that Dr. Stevenson will work in collaboration with Dr. Jabez C. Street, Instructor of Physics, upon the general field of cosmic rays and nuclear structure. Dr. Frost will work largely with Professor Otto Oldenberg, Professor of Physics, on the study of chemical reactions by spectroscopic methods, with especial attention to unstable compounds, a field of considerable interest and novelty.