SECOND APPEAL IS MADE TO SENIORS FOR GIFTS TO FUND

General Contributions by Public Are Improved Over Last Year--Total for Nine Years Is $1,000,000

A second appeal to Seniors for contributions to the Harvard Fund was mailed from Cambridge yesterday by Theodore Chase '34, class agent. According to a statement from the Fund headquarters in Wadsworth House last night, large contributions are not being solicited, but the primary aim is to enroll a large number of donors.

Response to Chase's first letters, mailed in March, has brought a total of 62 contributions, as smaller return than that made by the Class of 1933 at this time last year. It is considerably short of the record of 267 subscribers, set seven years ago by the Class of 1927, the second Senior class in a list of nine to contribute to the Fund.

General returns are better this year than ever before. The Fund, with 4,156 contributors, is already running 475 men ahead of May 9, 1933, and has received approximately 25 per cent more money. In its nine years of existence, the Fund has received over $1,000,000 in gifts from nearly 15,000 Harvard men. Individual contributions range from $1 up.

All money given by the Class of 1934 now and for the next 25 years will be credited with interest toward the traditional sum of $100,000 which every class presents to the College on the occasion of its twenty-fifth anniversary.