MAGRUDER CALLED TO WASHINGTON TO BE BRAIN TRUSTER

Magruder, Professor of Torts at Law School Served as Secretary to Justice Brandeis in 1917

Another member of the Harvard faculty will join President Roosevelt's Brain Trust it was learned yesterday when reports that Calvert B. Magruder, Vice Dean of the Law School, has been granted a year's leave of absence, in order that he might accept an appointment by the President as counsel to the National Labor Relations Board.

President Roosevelt's newest Harvard appointee is a native of Annapolis, Maryland, and was graduated in 1912 at St. John's College. He received his law degree at Harvard in 1916, joining the law Faculty in 1920, and become a full professor in 1925 when only 35 years old.

Magruder received his law degree cum laude and served for the following year as secretary to Mr. Justice Brandeis of the United State Supreme Court. He was commissioned as a second lieutenant of infantry in 1917. His parents were the late Mr. and Mrs. Daniel R. Magruder of Annapolis, Maryland. His father was a member of the Maryland Bar, and a judge in the Maryland Court of Appeals. He married, in 1925, Miss Anna Saltonstall Ward, daughter of the late Professor and Mrs. Robert De Courcy Ward of Cambridge.