SOCCER SQUAD TO HAVE MANY LAST YEAR'S MEN

Interesting and Successful Season Is Expected With Only Two Veterans Lost From 1934 Squad

All soccer candidates will be called out by Coach John F. Carr '28 next Wednesday and Thursday at 3 o'clock in the Dillon Field House. Competitions for manager will be open to both Sophomores and Freshmen, and will begin at the same time that the team candidates report. The usual squad of about a hundred is expected to be slightly larger this year and the prospects are bright for the coming season with only the two last year's fullbacks. Captain William Wemple '34 and Richard M. Gummere '34 lost by graduation. With just these two men missing it is hoped to replace last season's single defeat by an unbroken string of victories.

One of the highlights of the season will come with the game against the Italian team on October 5, less than two weeks after the opening of the session. On this weekend a group of Italian athletes, circling the country on a good will tour, will arrive in Cambridge for a series of contests, among which will be the first soccer game for the Crimson boosters, and a track meet in the Stadium. Another interesting feature of the season's play will be the attempt to win the cup, emblematic of soccer supremacy in New England, donated last year by the team's manager, James H. Sampson '35.