The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

The Crimson Playgoer

Excellent Acting Make "The Lives of a Bengal Lancer" An Absorbing Film of Indian Border Warfare

By A. A. B. jr.

If "Reducing," the current feature at the University, were not funny it would take its place along with the Seven Wonders of the world. There is scarcely an ingredient necessary for "slap-stick" that has not been included in its bundle of tricks. To begin with there is the incomparable Marie Dressler in Perfect form, and here less gifted foil, Polly Moran. Add to these a husband mild to the point of meekness, a brace of typical screen brats, all the esoteric paraphernalia of a beauty shop, a sub-plot that furnishes the inevitable love interest and it may be seen that the picture could hardly mis-fire.

The picture is continuously amusing, but there are individual incidents that are impossible to forget. In "Reducing" Miss Dressler has said that last word on getting into an upper berth. She is also the author of a consummately executed pistol wedding. The value of the picture is not diminished by the fact that the star never leaves the camera, but it is to be regretted that so skillful a comedienne as Miss Dressler should see fit to resort to occasional touches, light to be sure, of vulgarity to enhance gags that could exist independently.

"Man to Man", the sub-feature, adds practically nothing but Philip Holmes to the bill. Moving with his usual youthful dignity across a background of juleps, magnolias, and better than average southern accents, the newly risen star comes to love and respect a father who had been a jail-bird. The picture is no better than it could be.