TORONTO DEFEATS MAY UPSET HOCKEY LINEUP

DEWEY, MOSELEY, AND CALLAWAY TO FORM FORWARD LINE

Defeated in their game with McGill just before the holidays and in three unofficial meetings with Toronto at Lake Placid during the vacation, the Varsity hockey team resumed practice yesterday afternoon at the Arena. It is probable that Joe Stubbs will make several shifts in the lineup before the return game with McGill next Wednesday.

With the changes made before the Montreal trip which put Emerson in goal and restored the "H" line of last year, the team presented a quite different appearance. Despite these alterations, however, the Crimson was overcome 6-1 after holding McGill to a 1-1 score until the middle of the third period.

To overcome the defects shown in the games with the Canadians, it is now hoped that Carr and Ecker will be ready to join Ford as the second line thus restoring the first line of last year's Freshman team. Dewey, Moseley, and Callaway will form the first string with Hovenanian, Holmes, and Hallowell again playing as relief.

Ford appears to be the most promising forward for next year, and every effort is now being made to place him with men who are best able to assist. The removal of Ecker from defense weakens that department leaving only Watts, Dow, and Brown to help Emerson, but it is expected that some of last year's Jayvees will be called to relieve the regulars.