Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

Citing Toxic Culture and Administrator Departures, Harvard School of Public Health Faculty Repeatedly Weighed Voting No Confidence in Dean

Elizabeth Wurtzel ’89, Who Collected Friends ‘Like Beads on a String,’ Dies at 52

Multimedia

The Photos That Captured the 2010s

The Vagabond

This is the Age of Romanticism. And, gentle readers, please know the Vagabond is losing no time. In matters of love one must strike while the heart is warm. Already the Vagabond has found the sleeping princess--and a beautiful one, too! Already--valiant fellow! --he has slain the fire-eyed dragon. Already--oh clever one! --he has cut a piece from her priceless veil. Already--with his wand--he has awakened her from her magic sleep; already seated her on her golden throne. And things thus far are going well. Already he has approached her with these sweet words: "My fairest princess, dost thou not know me?" Then the expected answer: "My noble Knight, I know thee not." And then the brave Vagabond shows her the piece cut from her veil, exactly fitting the deficiency: "Fairest princess, thou wast in grave danger." And the pure maid is happy to find such a brave heart. Already they embrace--ah, happy Vagabond! Already the trumpets sound. Already the prize is won. Already. Already. Already.

Bless his soul, the Vagabond could not help taking that little fairy tale from Heine. It is the Age of Romanticism. And the Vagabond feels his kindred spirits. It is a poetic Germany welcoming back all that is spontaneous and imaginative in literature. It is a time when the Vagabond could indulge all his spiritual instincts; even the wildest and most wayward. And the Vagabond is happy; happy with the good earth which a few years before this age was all the devil's.

Those who would hear more about romanticism in Germany will be interested in Professor Silz's lecture tomorrow at 12 in Sever 6. In the meantime there is an interesting hour to be spent with Professor Ballantine in room 1 at the Music Building at 10 today. Other interesting lectures this morning:

At 11 o'clock--Professor Murray, "The English Drama," Har 5. At 12. o'clock--Professor Zimmermann, "Social Consequences of Agricultural New-dealism," Emer. F.