Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

FRESHMEN WILL MEET WORCESTER ACADEMY

'39 Football Team Expected to Defeat Annual Rivals-Fearon Promoted to Starting Post

Fresh from their triumph in last week's season opener, the 1939 gridsters will clash with Worcester Academy this afternoon at the Worcester field.

The Freshmen will enter the battle no more than slight favorites, but with a showing such as that made against Exeter last week they should emerge victorious. The powerful red and gray outfit was nosed out 6-0, chiefly as a result of the outstanding performance of the Crimson backfield.

Boston Outstanding

A standout in the Harvard backfield is Larry Boston, 190-pound triple threat, who should prove a tough problem for the Worcesterites to solve. Guarding the center of the line will be 185-pound Jim Fearon, who has been promoted to the starting lineup. Otherwise the team is composed of experienced players.

The Crimson Yardlings will outweigh the Academy team with an average of 180 pounds in the line and 175 in the backfield. The schoolboys have one victory to their credit this season, a 25-0 win over Lawrence Academy. They are heavy and fast, many of them having several years of prep school experience.

The first-year men will be coached by Jimmy Dunn, while Neil Stahley is scouting the Dartmouth-Brown game.