Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

LEAGUE MEMBER WILL DISCUSS PRESENT CRISIS

MEETING SPONSORED BY DOWSE LECTURE FUND

Speaking on the subject "The League and Its Present Crisis," the Honorable Carl Joachim Hambro will speak tonight at 8 o'clock in the New Lecture Hall.

The meeting, sponsored by the Dowse Institute, brings to Harvard the principal Norwegian Delegate to the League of Nations. The present President of the Norwegian Parliament, Hambro is a distinguished figure in the world of international relations. He was one of the originators of the present organization of the League, and is considered an expert on the technical subject of League procedure.

As President of the Parliament of Norway, Hambro ranks as the first officer of the Kingdom under the King, and was one of the principal members of the Commission which drafted the treaty setting the long-standing dispute with Denmark over Greenland. In 1926 he became head of his country's delegation to the League and in 1930 he was elected to the League's executive committee. Previous to his entrance into Parliament, Hambro was a professor, editor, and author.

The Dowse Institute, sponsoring the meeting, is a lecture fund, held by trustees and unconnected with the University.