The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

News from the Houses

Eliot House Football Team Tramples Leverett Players

A free wheeling Eliot House squad rode roughshod over Leverett in the first half of yesterday's game to score three goals in the initial half and win 19-6. After that half the Leverett eleven stiffened to hold Eliot scoreless and managed to net a tally for themselves.

Eliot's first touchdown came early in the game after a sustained march of fifty yards up the field. In only a couple of plays were the Eliot men held without gain and William W. Waters '37 drew first blood on a run around right end.

In the second quarter Eliot continued its superior play and Edward D. Fullerton, Jr. '37 added six more points to the Eliot total. Waters added the point. Late in the same period a Leverett pass was snagged by the Eliot team, which proceeded to make two successful passes of their own, the last of which was caught by Carl R. Comstock, Jr. '36, who raced fifteen yards to finish the Eliot House scoring.

In the third and fourth periods Leverett came back strongly and made one spectacular goal when William F. Spang '38 caught a pass from William M. Heywood, Jr. '38 and ran sixty yards for Leverett's only six points.

Lowell House forfeited to Winthrop.

The summary:

Score: Eliot 19, Leverett 6. ELIOT  LEVERETT Hunsaker, l.e.  r.e., Jahn Heskett, l.t.  r.t., Risley Theriot, l.g.  r.g., Clowes Thayer, c.  c., Dennison White, r.g.  l.g., Laverack Witherspoon, r.t.  l.t., White Hunsaker, r.e.  l.e., Barnes Comstock, q.b.  q.b., Spang Fullerton, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Heywood Whitney, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Lawrence Waters, f.b.  f.b., Holson