PEREGRINE WHITE NAMES COMMUTERS' COMMITTEE

Other Vacancies Are to Be Filled by Elections--Werner Chosen Head of Dunster Street Center

Sigmund Werner '36, of Roxbury, was named last night as chairman of the house committee of the Commuters' Center in Dudley Hall. The announcement was made last night by Peregrine White 2L, graduate secretary of the Center. Inasmuch as this is the initial year that the Center has been in existence, it was decided by White, and Reginald H. Phelps 5G, Assistant Secretary, to appoint the chairman and two members of the house committee, which is to consist of seven members, and to hold elections for the four vacant positions.

In addition to Werner, the two other appointees are Robert R. Shapiro '36, of Dorchester, who is in general charge of the Center's athletic program, and Herbert H. Walley, Jr. '36, of West Newton.

Elections for the four elective posts will be held on Monday and Tuesday of next week. The following men have bene nominated as candidates for the vacant positions on the committee--John J. P. Campana '36, Howard H. Reynolds '36, Laurence L. Barber, Jr. '37, Russell D. Capen '37, Eliot Alter '38, Joseph Franklin '38, and Charles W. Doherty '38. When complete the committee is to consist of four Seniors, two Juniors, and one Sophomore. Additional nominations will be received by the chairman of the committee if supported by twelve signers.

Announcement was also made of three gifts which have been made to the Center.