The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

CLASSICAL CLUB PLAY READY FOR REHEARSAL

"MOSTELLARIA" BY PLAUTUS TO BE GIVEN IN LATIN

With rehearsals getting off to an early start in Holden Chapel tomorrow evening the Classical Club swings into line for its Torcentenary spring production of the "Mostellaria" of Plautus.

Under the active sponsorship of Alan McN. Little, instructor in Greek and Latin, the play has secured the assistance of Frederick C. Packard, Jr. 20, assistant professor of Public Speaking, William P. Murphy, instructor in medicine, and Lyman G. Richards 16, assistant in surgery.

The Story

The plot of the "Mostellaria" deals with the adventures of Philolaches, scapegoat son of a rich Athenian. In his father's absence the young man has borrowed money to free the slave girl Philematium in whose honor he has decided to give a little entertainment for his friends.

As the party is getting up steam, the father unexpectedly returns. But Tranio, wily house slave, silences the guests within the domicile, persuades its owner that it is haunted, and tells him that in his absence Philolaches has borrowed money to buy the neighbor's residence.

Then the fun begins when the usurer appears demanding his loan, which the Athenian gladly hands over, believing that it is for the house.