The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

BEST AND RAWSON '36 MARSHALS OF PHI BETA KAPPA

Barker, Bassett, Bessie Heading List of Harvard Chapter Members to Be Inducted December 4

Elmer Richard Best, of Eliot House and Cheviot, Ohio, and Robert Hey Rawson, of Leverett House and Abington, received election as First and Second Marshall of the 1936 Harvard chapter of Phi Beta Kappa last night.

After dinner in Eliot House graduates and members of the Senior Eight named their officers and then proceeded to elect 16 new members of the graduating class to the Phi Beta ranks.

16 Seniors

These Seniors, who will be inducted at a ceremony on Wednesday, December 4, include Robert R. Barker, of Eliot House and Evanston, Illinois, Edward L. Bassett, of Winthrop House and Marblehead, Simon M. Bessie, of Dunster House and New York City, Bernard D. Davis, of Eliot House and Franklin, George S. Franklin, of Eliot House and New York City, Bernard German, of Dunster House and Newark, August C. Holmholz, of Winthrop House, and Andrew Kacmarcyk, of Dunster House and Brooklyn, Philip E. Lilienthal, of Lowell House and New York City, Douglas T. McClay, of Dorchester, Edward Meilman, of Roxbury, Herman E. Schroeder, of Leverett House and Brooklyn, Richard E. Voland; of Dunster House and New Rochelle, New York, Harold P. Welch, of Kirkland House and Winchendon, Francis J. Whitefield, of Dunster House and Springfield, and Harold Winkler, of Winthrop House and Lawrence.

Last night's meeting was called to order by Best, who was named secretary-treasurer of the chapter by his mates last spring. He will also function in that capacity through the remainder of the year.