STUDENT COUNCIL AWARD IS GIVEN TO THOMAS G. CURTIS

Adzigian, Berssenbrugge, Blackwood, Cahitor, Coyle, Johnson, Playfair Given Awards

Thomas Gray Curtis '36, of Minneapolis, Minnesota, was one of the eight upperclassmen receiving Student Council awards which were announced after the meeting of the Council last night in University Hall.

Curtis, who last year was a partner in College Service, is in charge of all laundry contracts at the Coop this year. He is a member of the Winthrop House Committee, and played on his house football eleven which tied with Yale's Berkeley College this fall.

Other recipients of the awards are: Herant John Adzigian '36, of Stoneham; William Bernard Berssenbrugge '37, of Milwaukee, Wisconsin; George William Blackwood '37, of Quincy; John Jerome Cabitor '38, of Hartford, Connecticut; John Emerson Coyle '37, of Brooklyn, New York; Richard Chester Johnson '36, of Plainfield, N. J.; and Robert Smith Playfair '36, of Arlington.

These awards, totalling $800, are taken from the funds collected by the Council from undergraduates in the college. They have been given to deserving upperclassmen in the past few years.