REVOLT AGAINST THE PEARL CASTER

Wendell Brooks Phillips '15 has been fired from his beloved "Hick College." In the last issue of The Atlantic Monthly, Mr. Phillips describes his dismissal from the "Hick College" to which he had devoted "the most vigorous twenty years of his life." Continuing in his defeatist vein, he still praises Harvard whose liberal thought, inspiration, and thorough education cost him his job.

It is well that Wendell Brooks Phillips '15 has been dismissed. What right has he to attempt to eliminate bigotry and religious fanaticism from education in Georgia? What right has he to expound the doctrines, the solid liberal doctrines of Barrett Wendell and LeBaron Russell Briggs to Methodists and Baptists? The trouble with him is that he pays too much attention to the danni Yankees.' Yes, it is well that Wendell Brooks Phillips '15 has been fired from his beloved "Hick College," the college whose first Trustee was his father, the college into which he was born and aiming at which he was reared and educated. It is well that Phillips is fired because now he has told the world that Demorest, Georgia will not tolerate any of these new-fangled thrinkers, any of these radicals who will not make their children go to church, any of these renegades who go up north to get an education. And now, perhaps, Mr. Phillips will not get to cast any more pearls.