NO CHANGES IN HOCKEY LINEUPS AFTER OPENER

HEAVY OPPOSITION FOR REAL TEST OVER HOLIDAYS IS SOUGHT

As the smoke cleared after the Tech melee and the hockey team returned to practice yesterday, Joe Stubbs busied himself developing the team exactly as it was before the opener.

The fact that the three forward lines have survived a game in which all kinds of combinations were tried, proved that Stubbs is still well satisfied with his original choice, and gives them an even greater assurance of continued existence.

Defense Combinations

Although there was little or no necessity for defensive play by the Crimson on Tuesday night, the probable defense pairings showed more clearly in the after-light yesterday. Hicks and Allen seem as firmly cemented as ever and the Claflin-Roberts and Brown-Duffey combines looked good. The B.U. game on Tuesday might well bring changes, however.

Two more games remain before the holidays, with B.U. on Tuesday and Brown a week from Friday. Neither game is expected to give the Crimson much difficulty, and Stubbs is trying to book some really strong club against which to test the real horsepower of his new unit.