BUSINESS SCHOOL HOST AT MEETING OVER WEEKEND

Group of Executives at the Business School Will Discuss Unemployment Compensation

Continuing an experiment which was started with great success last year, the first of a series of six monthly meetings of prominent business executives will be held over the weekend at the Business School.

The general topic of discussion at the meetings this year will be the problem of Social Security. This subject will be divided into three main divisions, Unemployment, Old-age Pensions, and the Cost of Medical Care.

This weekend there will be four sessions, two on Saturday and two on Sunday. To stimulate discussion of the subject on hand a novel procedure will be used. On Saturday morning the pros and cons of Unemployment Compensation will be argued from briefs as in a courtroom, with an hour allotted to each side. In the afternoon sessions these arguments will be discussed by all members of the group and an endeavor will be made to reach a definite decision.

At the third meeting on Sunday morning a new case will be brought forth in the same manner. This will deal with the question of whether the present is the proper time to put Unemployment Compensation into effect, assuming that such a scheme is desirable.